The medialiteracy model
This model has been created by mediawijzer.net
This model has created 10 skills citizens need to be a part of this medialized society.
The first group is concept.
1. Knowing, and realising that your always part of an online society.
2. Understanding how new media is created. In which knowing who you want to reach with your message is extremely important.
3. Knowing that, and understanding how media re-presentate information. This means that people have an opinion, but also that people need to know that things you see or read online aren't the truth. You have to create your own opinion by reading those.
1. Knowing how certain devices and applications work. Also being open-minded to new creations, but being critical in which to use and which are really necessary.
2. Knowing what you want to use, and what is available. This is needed to switch quickly between things you use.
1. Finding relevant information and sharing this with others. Also being critical which information is relevant and which not.
2. Creating content. Knowing what is an opinion and what is a fact.
3. Participating in social networks. In an responsible way.
1. Knowing what you use, how many times you use it and so on. To know what to use and what not.
2. Based on sources, you created your own opinion. Now you know what is relevant you can make your choices in what you want to use, in order to reach your personal goals. Your personal way of trying to achieve these goals will create your digital identity.
What do those arrows mean...?
The arrows are in which way a user is commited.
In the conceptgroup, the user is a bit passive, and for the most part it's just media reaching towards the user.
In the usagegroup the user is more active, and working with for example, devices.
In the communicationgroup the user is working together and interacting using media.
In the strategygroup is part of a cyclicproces. Which means they are continually working on something: doing something, reflecting, adjusting, doing something, reflecting....
Each colored box.
Each of those colored boxes has their own level. For example, creating content. A small child has a lower level of creating content than an adult. So you shouldn't expect the same results from them.
This model seems to be very good and complete. However it hasn't been confirmed that it really works this way yet, so probably it will be fine tuned during a few years.
What did I learn from this model?
Before I started with this minor and heard about this model, I was pretty much like most other students. Partying and having fun, and sharing those photo's across the internet. But now I saw this model and we talked about this during our minor we suddenly realized that potential primairy schools might see us aswell doing this. So I adjusted my Facebook and other accounts to prevent that from happening. From now on I will watch out what I put on the internet and what I don't.
- Competentiemodel. Onbekend. Mediawijzer. Op 08-04-14 binnengehaald van https://www.mediawijzer.net/competentiemodel/